I'm putting together the info about all the sponsor kids to send to their sponsors. Huge shout-out to all those who are sponsoring one or more of our kids... < insert shout-out here > ...
One of the application questions was 'What is your dream for your life?'. Its really neat going through and seeing the responses. Probably about 70% of them are "to finish studying". So different to NZ kids- not many of them would say that their dream is to finish school. Here's another one of my favourites...
'My dream is to finish studying, and get a good job, so I can buy land for my parents so they can have their own house.'
Probably about half of them say something along the lines of 'get a good job so that I can help my parents'.
This one got some interesting answers: What do you want to do when you are older?
'I want to be a soldier so I can kill the terrorists.'
'I want to be a flight attendant' [I know this one doesn't seem amazing, but when most of the answers are become a nurse or become a teacher, and flight attendant pops up...]
'I want to be a cheff' [thats chef]
'I want to be a cheft' [thats chef again]
'I want to be a chief' [thats chef again]
'I want to be a policeman so I can catch bad guys' [yup, 10-year-old boys are the same all over the world]
'I want to become a toctor' [doctor]
There's a lot of other interesting ones... like the boys who can't sit still, but their dream job is to 'work in an office'. or 'become a bank manager'.
I also like that we get kids who list their favourite food as 'tripe'.
No comments:
Post a Comment